HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Looking at starting a non profit hunting club
Old 03-13-2020, 12:02 PM
mthusker
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by elkman30
I'm curious as to how this all works out. It's an interesting concept.
We are in the beginning stages of trying to figure things out ourselves. Like I mentioned I have reached out to both an attorney and an accountant to advise us of a few things, we need to make sure we compliant with all parties, state, federal governments. Ideally we want to have 10 or 11 members, each member would pay equal amounts to the club, which then would pay the lease of the land. Each member would be able to bring a guest on there visits to the ranch. Scheduling , game management is still up in the air to be honest. Our game management plan would be oriented towards providing quality hunting, more then number of animals taken, though the ranch lies in an area where there is supple game numbers, specifically elk where there is a shoulder season for cow elk, which allows plenty of chances, the ranch family would like 50-60 head taken off of the ranch, so the club would have opportunities to reach out to other non profits, such as youth or veteran oriented organizations to host people involved with them, such as warrior hunts for cow elk and antelope, something that has been special to me the past several years. The club would not just be about taking game, it would be about sharing our love of hunting with individuals, who otherwise might not have that opportunity.