HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Dream hunt-would you shoot?
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2020, 01:52 PM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

well, I can see things many ways here , as I have been on many hunts all over, not many guided unless legally required, but a few to get the feel

a LOT comes down to the guide, as to how they would handle you passing on a easy kill so close to camp
guides (good one's) work HARD all season, so to them a easy close to camp kill is a bonus , less work, for them, and well like anyone on the JOB< no one wants to HAVE to work harder if they don;t have to
so some guides might find you passing up a easy deal, with some spite and not be so happy and I can see there point
no where in booked hunt does it state WHEN a kill can happen, first day, or last,
and to be honest MOST guides TRY there best to get you your game animal ASAP, as down time after that kill is again, less work for them, and they got paid the same!

NOW< what I DON"T get is this
even IF you tag out on the first day of say a 7 day hunt, NO one MAKES you go home, you paid for all 7 days, and you can certainly Stay as long as you want on them, MOST times, your STUCK there till your time is up
not many places will make a special flight in/out just cause you tagged out sooner !

just as many times, you can (mostly for a fee) work with an outfitter and if possible, BUY a tag for another species and hunt that the remainder of the time, most places wold tags can be had in the great up north and AK, which will allow you to hunt the rest of your time>
added costs for sure, but beats going home or just sitting at camp

and another option is, IF there are other hunters in camp still hunting, SOME will allow you to tag along(come sin handy when hauling meat if they ill LOL)

and there is always the passing on a animal, if one so wishes, but this is something that should be worked out with guide BEFORE the hunt, so they know what your standards are and what there policy is,

as if a there policy is, get you on a legal bull, and you pass, some will again get offended and well, could call it your hunt!
it comes down to what ever there rules are, and like all rules , the time to find out about them isn;t when ON THE SPOT

questions need to be asked and answered BEFORE a hunt is booked IMO!or that's what smarter more experienced hunters do., to make sure they get what they want!