HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Greenswamp wma hunters
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2020, 02:09 PM
BuckItUp
Spike

Originally Posted by Central PA Sportsman
Nice hog BuckItUp. I was just looking at WMA Brochures and it looks as though I will be hunting hogs in GS or Richloam during small game season, last few days. Now I just need to figure out my weapon of choice, bow, crossbow, muzzleloader or pistol, probably not shotgun, choices, choices, choices. If I don't bring along the climber, probably opt for muzzleloader or pistol. Any thoughts, anyone? I just enjoy being in the woods when I know it's still cold and snowy here in PA.
PA Sportsman your all around best is a shotgun. The areas that have the most traffic for hogs is usually pretty thick. Can't go wrong with a slug in the chamber followed up with 2 3/4 inch 00 buckshot. Green swamp is an excellent WMA if you can get it figured out. Richloam can also be good at times but it gets ran down with dogs throughout the season game in there is especially on their senses. During small game season I like to walk around areas I would like to check out next year for deer season. Walk as many fire breaks as you can, I usually walk 5-10 miles or more in a day during small game. it will greatly increase your odds. Good luck and safe hunting!