HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hunting distance
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2019, 07:22 AM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

I agree terrain matters here, if you have a few ravines between you, a LOT of room for things to get past between you's still, and as for a bullet traveling thru, that again depends on HOW think and what it is going thru

I personally would ever shoot towards a known other hunting in a blind, or tree stand or on the ground period
SO< if BOTH of you kn ow your there, and do like wise, it can be done safely
problem is, if one of you doesn't and get trigger happy IMO!
Buck fever has been known to cause folks to send lead all over !

MY other question for you might be, do you WANT to be this close to another hunter knowingly?

they can do both, keep deer from you or scare deer into you, pending how well they hunt, scent control, how fidgety they get, , or making noises or

while they do on stand, how long they sit, or what time they come in and leave?

a lot of things can be a issue for me ,and I would do my best to get a LOT farther away from them, but this is my personal choice

over the yrs I have seen and had folks come a LOT closer than that, and I find it very rude at time and ignorant too!
Once had a guy walk right up to me and wanted to sit BACK TO BACK with me so we could watch things better he said, and he wasn't
joking<
I was real happy I walked in a hour and half before sunlight to get to the spot to have him show up 30 minutes after day light and want to sit next to me?(also smoking like a chimney)
so, trust me, it could be worse !!