HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bullet Drop Between 100 and 150 Yards
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2019, 08:32 AM
Semisane
Boone & Crockett

Default Bullet Drop Between 100 and 150 Yards

It's been quite a while since I've posted anything, mostly because the HOT HOT summer we've had curtailed my range time. Now that the weather is getting a bit friendlier I decided to take care of a scope change I've been wanting to make. .

For the last several years my Omega X7 has worn a Cabala's 2x10 Powderhorn Muzzleloader Scope. It was zeroed for 100 yards with 240 grain Speer .429 Deep Curls in Harvester crush rib sabots over 70 grains weight (100 gr. vol.) of Blackhorn 209.

That Cabala's "el Cheapo" scope is not the sharpest optical around. So I took it off and mounted a 2x7 Leupold Vari-X II. Now the new scope needed to be sighted in.

After getting the scope pretty well set by bore sighting and firing a few shots at a 25 yard target, I put a fresh target out at 100 yards and took three shots - shots 1, 2 & 3 on the target below. (DAMN! Did I ever get lucky with that 25 yard bore sighting.) I then adjusted the scope 3/4 MOA left and took three more shots - numbers 4, 5 and 6 on the target.

One of the food plots I hunt offers shots out to 150 yards. I wanted to see how much this load would drop in the 50 yards between 100 and 150. So I moved the target out to 150 yards and took three more shots. I was expecting a 3" drop, but got something closer to four and a half inches. I can live with that and easily adjust my hold if a long shot presents itself.

Anyway, this gun is ready for the upcoming season. And I enjoyed finally getting back to shooting.

Last edited by Semisane; 10-30-2019 at 09:47 AM.