HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - corn price
Thread: corn price
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2019, 07:20 AM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by farm hunter
so in NY - its never OK to feed deer corn - or anything else that isn't a planted food ( or felled trees) . No feeders are legal for deer in or out of season ever. That's all I was trying to say. You could plant feed corn I guess, that's not what I meant though. We can plant corn for deer - and leave it standing - the consensus it that brush hogging it down is illegal to hunt over however.

Salt licks, mineral pits, etc - nope not in NY - not in or out of season never ok.

Whats crazy is its not illegal to sell corn for feeding, or salt blocks or minerals - etc. - just know if you use it, you could get ticketed or worse - in NY.
its sort of the same way here in PA< yet every wally world sells bags of deer corn, knowing its illegal to hunt over it, or to be used to attract deer or bears
ANY sort of baiting is illegal (unless in some special regulation area's where they DID allow, and not sure if still do)
but NO type of bait is legal for hunting in PA either, and corn I am ptretty sure had to be standing and cannot be brush hogged here either, as doing so turns it into baiting!
personally I think corn is better left standing, doesn't get moldy, and well, deer seem to like the cover it provides better than cut corn, which they might ONLY go to in darkness, where standing corn will attract them in day time more often!

BUT as for Feed corn!
many folks still use it legally, ( as well as illegally I am sure), but many use it to feed other things with it that is NOT illegal to do so, like birds, and backyard squirrels and , or pets, from deer to cattle to pens of rabbits and such' so again, LOL
and mean this with no bash or disrespect,, its NOT illegal in NY.
its just illegal maybe to be used to help in hunting, but the corn itself can be sold and planted and used for other things!