HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Our moose hunt went well today!
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2019, 01:07 PM
Phil from Maine
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by rogerstv
Congratulations.Moose is certainly on my bucket list.

The fact that one person can draw a tag and another legally fill it seems strange to me. Is this a "party" hunt?

Maybe someone can explain the reasoning to me. I'm simply not experienced with this practice. No malice intended.
No not really a party hunt at all. A permit holder can have a sub accompany them and do actual shooting if desired. Both can carry a weapon with them. The permitee must be present when the shooting takes place. Meaning you are required to be in sight of each other. In our woods up here you really have to be close. Both can actually do the shooting as several others have done in the past. Some will not go down easy so one can be the backup shooter. With suck a big animal you really do not want them to go far. I did all the scouting as well the shooting we never had anybody looking for us. I do know of some that have others scouting different areas for them. A lot of them are road hunters and end up skunked. The only real way of getting one is to learn how to call them and to know which call works best at which time.

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 10-18-2019 at 03:48 PM.