HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Our moose hunt went well today!
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2019, 02:31 AM
Phil from Maine
Boone & Crockett

Thank you everyone!

Yes Jake I couldn’t have gotten this one if it wasn’t for my sister. She had the permit and knew that I would not have let her down. So she made me her sub and I did all the work to have this happen. The day before (Sunday) while scouting I saw a cow and calf. So I took advantage of them and tried two different grunt tubes. A bull grunt which made the hair go up on their back. That made them start moving away. Then I used a cow/calf grunt and the both turned towards me. That told me to stay with the cow/calf grunt. So they were a big help in deciding which call was best to use. It was quite foggy yesterday morning so we waited until the fog started lifting. I gave a couple of calls while we waited. As the fog lifted I saw him standing there. He looked like a big pile of brush. So I grabbed my binoculars and took a look. My sister says that is not a moose and I told her to be quiet as I grabbed the rifle and my clip and got out. The rest is now history as that tracking took me a while to find him. Anyway here is a picture of the cow and calf that helped me choose the call..
Attached Images  

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 10-15-2019 at 02:33 AM.