HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Fishing Tips..
Thread: Fishing Tips..
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2019, 10:09 PM
Chuck7
Dominant Buck

so sorry ..but I've never fished too much tital waters for bass....mostly small lakes.But most likely fish it the same.. I fish weekly ...about twice a week.I'm a pastor and have to allow time to visit those in nursing homes etc..plus I ride a mt bike to lose weight and swim laps in an olypic size pool...and since hunting season is moving on,,,I need to use one of those days for scouting...archery starts here Nov. 1st. I love catching crappie and putting them on the smoker.much more action..I use 4 pound or 6 pound for them and mostly troll a 1/16 th ounce or 1/32 nd jig..Red head and chartruese curly tail....WORKS WONDERS Our crappie time is now till January...

But after the hunting season is over {1st week of February} I'll be heading to our main lake , LAKE PARKER that holds a few bass in the 10- 14 pound range..I fish totally differently for these brutes..Where I go, the big bass boats can't go..I have a 12 foot jon boat..I find areas with thick grass., cat tails..or lily pads...and either pull my way into the structure or quitely paddle. The water is about 3 feet deep...I generally use a 1/4 ounce tungsten if thick stuff and 1/16th in very light stuff.. Which I spray paint red} and 50 lb Japenese braid {Walmart 6 lb diameter} and either throw a Gambler BB Cricket { Green Pumpkin} or a Zoom U tail worm { Green Pumpkin or BLack red Glitter} if the bite is slow I 'll use my other flipping rod that has either 17 or 20 pound Vanish Flourocarbon....and on this line and these lines ONLY I tie a snell knot..The snell knot causes EVERY TIME the hook to go straight up in their mouths with very few missed hook sets..Any lighter lines I've had to many break offs..The Snell is easy to tie..BUT i only use it with these 2 lines while either pitching or flipping..On lighter mono I tie the improved clnch not...and braid the Palomar knot .Our spawn goes from Feb. to April...this particuliar lake is semi polluted and I eat no fish out of it..WHen I want bass to eat.,,,I go to a differnt place and cast rubber worms on rock bars...after the first hour of throwing a white spinner bait of frog...and I use 14 pound or even 10 lb test..open water is easier to fight the fish.

Last edited by Chuck7; 09-26-2019 at 10:24 PM.