HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What is the most important accessorize for hunting?
Old 09-22-2019, 06:38 AM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

sorry for going off topic some here, but I find it funny how so many folks list things like there hunting in middle of no where where life and death decisions have to be made and gear need's to match them

when 99% of hunters according to study's tend to hunt less than a 1/2 mile forma a road, with MOST hunting a LOT closer than that! LOL

personally I think the best thing you can take into the woods is common sense, and have some SKILLS That allow you make good decisions when out there!
as in LEARN what things are,in your area's you hunt and learn how to stay safe in the first place in your surroundings!
gizzmo's and gadgets can all fail, but having some fall back skills you learned and know, can many times over come a LOT of things, and keep you alive more than any ONE Item ever will IMO!

survival in BAD times , tends to be a combo of things, and never just one!, plan accordingly to where you hunt , learn things before you go, and odds are you will always make it home, unless your health fails
which also says, Maybe get in shape before heading out there, something I am sure many of us take for granted, based on WE USED TO< do"X" but as we all age, things don't work the same way LOL
admitting our skills and condition in an HONEST Way, is some times needed to stay safe too!