HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Is 6.5 all it’s cracked up to be for whitetail hunting?
Old 09-17-2019, 09:16 PM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
Reading the thread again, I think we're saying the same thing mrbb.

I'm not saying the Creed is magical. I'm saying it's a great option for whitetail. Amongst many other great options.

You're not saying the Creed sucks. You're just saying there's lots of other options in that range of choices and the Creed does not seperate itself enough to be considered magical. Or to deserve the "hype" that seems to concern you.

I'm not really concerned or considering the hype. Just looking at what the cartridge does. And it fits in nicely with a whole bunch of other great options.

Like I said earlier. A hunter would be hard pressed to ever find themselves saying "well if I'd had the 6.5 Creed instead of that old .270 I definitely would have gotten that buck!"

-Jake
I agree were both sort of saying the same thing
but, again, if they marketed other calibers like they do this one right NOW
odds are more folks would be buying what ever they are pushing

its a caliber that does what many other calibers do, NOTHING really special about it for the average deer hunter!
so back to topic
"Is the 6.5 all its cracked up to be for deer"
I question this due to the marketing/hype behind it
is it killing, KILLING deer any deader than other calibers?
the answer is NO its not
so, its just killing them the same as countless other calibers,
so, that to me doesn't make it any more special!
so its NOT
" cracked up"
any more to me, than many other calibers! LOL
a LOT of calibers came out over the decades I been shooting them, and marketing is what got many sold, along with its ballistics's
but not many have been , FAR superior than what we have, and neither is this one IMO
that's why I said what I have said
what ever caliber a hunter wants to use, as long a s its up to the task, and you learn to shoot it well(place bullets in vitals/the kill zone) is all that's needed!
now wants?? that's what fills safes and corners and closest's and HAHA!I

Last edited by mrbb; 09-17-2019 at 09:19 PM.