HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Is 6.5 all it’s cracked up to be for whitetail hunting?
Old 09-17-2019, 06:06 PM
Bocajnala
Super Moderator

I don't need to "justify" any cartridge. But I am able to sit here and say "that thing does exactly what it's designed to do and it does it well"

Even if it's something that doesn't interest me and something that I'll likely never own.

The fact that other cartridges also do the same thing, has zero impact on what the Creed does.

The .270 can be good, and the .308 can be good, and the Creed can be good. Those can all exist together.

If the OPs question had said "is the .270 (or any other of the large number of available options out there) all it's cracked up to be for whitetail?" Would you have said "yes, its a great option for whitetail."

Or would you have poopoo- ed on it because Jack O'Connor saved it from dwindling away into obscurity.

I guess my point is... Facts are facts regardless of what marketing and hype does or doesn't do. You can easily look up the numbers and see how the Creed stacks up against other popular options.

And it stacks up just fine. I don't think the argument of "other options do this" answers the question being asked. And I don't think what other cartridges do lessens what the Creed does.

Back to the original question " is it all it's cracked up to be for whitetail?" Yes- and so are allot of other options(which I clearly stated in my first post on this thread)

-Jake
​​​