HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Is 6.5 all it’s cracked up to be for whitetail hunting?
Old 09-17-2019, 03:16 PM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

[QUOTE=Bocajnala;4361327]it seems to me that the 6.5 Creed fits that perfectly. With the added bonus of lots of cheap, quality, over the counter rifle and ammo options.

You must be A fan lol.

-Jake[/QUOte
there are countless calibers that fit great for deer, and have cheaper ammo and can be had every where like lets say a .308
from military rounds to civilian, almost every store that sells ammo has it
or what about a 30/06, 30/30, .270
point being if a guy already has a rifle for deer, there is NO real great reason to BUY a 6.5 creedmore, just due to media and marketing hype
its not going to do anything really any differently than a good deer caliber rifle i other calibers!
the average Deer hunter doesn't really shoot there deer rifle a LOT
some do, but most don't!
re inventing the wheel that is already round, like going to a 18-19-2 inch wheel over a 16 inch one on a truck
YUP some pro's for sure,
but how many need them!
as again MOST pick up trucks haul more groceries than they do, heavy loads or trailers!
marketing hype IMO
more than any real major improvements!
been a 1,000 yard match shooter since the late 80's , owned a gun shop and sold thousands of rifles!
so I have some experience in things, more than MOST , not bragging, just saying where I come from!
is a 6.5 creedmore a BAD caliber, NO
but its nothing life changing either!