View Single Post
Old 09-17-2019, 10:33 AM
  #1  
bronko22000
Boone & Crockett
 
bronko22000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Eastern PA
Posts: 11,467
Default Win Model 70 problem possibly solved

After getting good but not great groups with everything I shot out of this rifle I decided it was time to bed the action. I still need to get the steel epoxy yet but I thought I'd start the prep. Removing the action then trigger and bolt release lever I set that aside and started taping then releaving the material where I wanted to put the epoxy. After starting to remove the material I had no problem at the tang area. But the nightmare started when I got in front of the magazine. Some knucklehead had bedded this portion. But instead of a steel epoxy they used regular 2 part epoxy! This stuff was like rubber. It took me most of the morning to remove it all and get down to bare wood. It kept humming up my tiny grinders so I had to use picks, utility knife and needle nose pliers to get it out.
Attached Images     
bronko22000 is offline  
Reply With Quote