HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Guide Gear Monolithic 2400gr. boots
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2019, 02:39 PM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

my 2 cents
if you get cold feet, odds are , your feet are sweating FIRST
if you buy super insulated boots like these and walk any distance in the,m odds are your feet will be wet with sweat real fast and then as time passes that sweat turns to COLD toes and feet!
I am a FIRM believer in GOOD foot wear and that includes SOCKS
most don't want the added steps or work or weight
but if you get cold feet and like to stand hunt
your wasting your money buying super heavy insulated boots IMO

TAKE spare socks, and I LOVE boot blankets(not so fond of em in tree stands as things can get dangerous to put them on or slip as not much traction in them) but sure have used them in treestands as well

I have a few pairs of boot blankets, mostly Icebreaker brand one's
and the KEY to boot blankets is, to again have DRY feet when your using them
a layer of good socks, I like a light weight wicker sock and then a heavy weight and a HEAT pack if super cold and then heavy sock and blanket
have sat in minus 30 temps for 8+ hours like this and never had cold toes!

but I CARRY in extra socks, and install the dry one's when I get to my stand
I wear in lighter weight boots for walking in and out, and then use boot blankets for all day sits

as again the key to warm feet is having DRY feet first
you walk in heavy insulated boots, and your feet will sweat, the inside of boots will STILL be wet from your sweat, even if you JUST change socks at the stand!
its two pairs of boots, one to wear in and one to wear on stand, or boot blankets ! if you want to have warm feet
and of course, DRY socks on first at stand!
so, if you want these 2400 gram boots, expect your feet to sweat while walking in them, and your going to again have cold toes on stand!
nature of the beast in how it works!