HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Dream guns you'd like to own someday
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2019, 07:43 AM
Nomercy448
Nontypical Buck

I’m much the same - if I want something, I get it. I have a few guilty pleasures which I can’t bring myself to buy, and a few fleeting “hey, that would be fun,” ideas which don’t last long, but really, if I want something, I either have already bought it, am currently built/bought it, or haven’t realized that I want it yet.

The one I’m saving my pennies towards right now is an NFA HK MP5. I’m a little undecided at this point whether I want to get a stamped version, or upgrade to an SOT/Manufacturer and either get a demo rifle or build my own from a cut receiver. The math works out that becoming an SOT could be considerably cheaper, I’d just have to destroy/surrender it when I close up shop. Absolutely no field application for it, but I want one, have the disposable income for one, and this is America.

I’d also like to build a 480 Ruger on a large frame Ruger Vaquero. I have the 480 Ruger Super Blackhawk donor, just haven’t taken the time to source another large frame Vaquero and start transferring parts. That little project has been pushed so far to the back burner, it’s fallen completely off of the back of the stove. But I have 1/3 of the battle won, I’m within about $700 to complete it.