HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Paper Patching Tip
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2019, 07:28 PM
Idaholewis
Fork Horn

The above is “Food for thought” I have shot some Pretty Darn good Groups with Twisted Tails Hanging Down, and my Patches Way forward of the Bearing surface. The SERIOUS Competitors that go to EVERY extent to nicely “Tuck” Paper Tails, and Patch PERFECTLY to the Bearing Surface are Shooting out to 1,000 Yards. I don’t believe it’s gonna be as big a deal at 100, 200 Yards. I think these Extra little attention to Detail things are gonna come in to play the Farther you get Down Range. The Average Guy that is Hunting to 100, maybe 200 Yards might not notice any difference? But if you Sit down at a Bench and Start Trying to Shoot MOA at 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, Hundred Yards etc. That is a VERY Different Animal!! EVERY little attention to detail will come in to play at longer Ranges. I believe this is why the SERIOUS Competition Guy’s and Gal’s Go to the Great lengths that they do to make EVERYTHING perfect, It pays off for them, if not, Why would they bother?

I don’t Shoot Competition, So why do i go to these lengths? Because i am a Perfectionist in EVERYTHING i do (Or at least i am called that on a REGULAR Basis by those that know me well) if something interests me that is. I have Been this way all of my Life. These Muzzleloaders REALLY Grabbed my interest, enough to Dig Deep. My Results show that my efforts have been worth it, at least i feel so

Last edited by Idaholewis; 08-14-2019 at 06:08 PM.