HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Anyone shoot bismuth for duck hunting?
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2019, 03:21 PM
Oldtimr
Boone & Crockett

I have used nothing but Bismuth since it originally hit the the market for geese and ducks! I only shoot side by side shotguns and I will not shoot steel or any of the steel variations. Bismuth has gone through three different companies since it hit the market, I have a full box of 25 shells that were made by the original company in the white, red and green box. Bismuth shot has done all I ask of it and I do not have to worry about damage to my shotgun. I still have some of the original full ten shot boxes because I and my hunting partners would buy it by the case right from the manufacturer. Before Bismuth was legal as a non toxic shot in PA I went to a seminar by the original Bismuth shot company and shot 5 stand and sporting clays with the shot, got to understand what it was and how it was safe for thin walled double barrel and o/u shotguns. I brought the info back to PA and PA legalized it as soon as the feds did.