HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Best Turkey Hunting Memory
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2019, 03:55 PM
Phil from Maine
Boone & Crockett

Like everyone else I have a lot of memories of turkey hunting. I am mostly self taught from asking questions on this site. Turkeys were new here as they were reintroduced from years past. When they first opened the season up it was half days. I struck out three years in a row.

Then during a fall hunt I traveled down state looking for a place to archery hunt. Most everywhere I went was posted land. Finally I found an area that was not posted and a flock of turkeys in a field. Even though I was planning on deer hunting I figured what the heck. I can recall JW and others mentioning about busting the flock up . So I did just that and found an old growth log on the ground to hide behind. Sure enough just like clockwork they all came by me. I drew back and let an arrow fly. Yessah I got my first turkey ever and with the bow. I ended up unknowingly pinning the turkey to a small stump that I never even seen. The turkey was hit in the wing on one side and a leg on the other as it exited. I was some proud of getting my first turkey and with a bow gives me some great memories. After getting that turkey I started getting better luck in the spring hunts. But almost all of my advice was given to me here in this forum.
I can only add a big thank you on getting me started on the turkeys..