HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hens - sometimes ya hate them and ......
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2019, 07:29 PM
Ridge Runner
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Timbrhuntr
Sometimes ya love them.
I hunted hard all last week and couldn't get anything into the decoys so I put away the crutches and went after them with my gun and some calls. Well I couldn't get any toms to play just courtesy gobbles as they walked away. Then I set up near a roost and just after fly down got into a shouting match with the boss hen and she came charging in with her boyfriend in tow and bang ! Then a few days later I was out trolling and heard a hen yelping so I answered back with lost yelps and a few kee kees to my suprise 20 minutes later she walked up with several other hens and 3 toms. They came where I had to swing my gun to get on the tom that was strutting. The lead hen caught me move and started to putt so I putted back and she seemed to settle down and look for the source of the putting which gave me time to get on the tom and bang #2 down. Sometimes gotta love those hens and can't wait until fall to kill a couple lol.
congrats your getting it figured out!
RR