HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What does it typically cost to rent a UTV (side by side)?
Old 04-06-2019, 01:14 AM
Dave_Preston
Spike

This would be for the day. It would include an electric 4x4 unit with a trailer to haul it with your pickup truck. It would also include the gear racks and possible a trailer for the vehicle itself. I would need to be able to haul: my blood-trailing dog in his crate, my gun and my other gear to get to and from the deer stand or blind. These puppies are much too expensive to buy and own for the deer hunter who only goes hunting once or twice a season.

Here's an article on how to even safely transport your dog on one and you will need an ATV capacious enough for a large dog crate, your deer carcass, all your gear and your gun.

http://www.atv.com/parts-gear/five-t...og-in-your-utv

The price of a new Intimidator is very intimidating as it costs as much as a new automobile or pickup truck!

Here's another idea I have for an invention for the hunter to transport his stuff afield and these are pretty well established in the golf industry already.

What deer hunters need is a good lithium-powered vehicle to haul their gear and deer to the pickup truck from the stand. Let's say you have a blood-trailing dog on a leash that you want to take to your stand and keep him there during the hunt. I don't think it ethical to keep dogs in the vehicle unattended and it's better to have the dog right at the ready anyway in case of a deer that is wounded. Who wants to hike all the way back to the truck to grab their dog while the wounded deer has plenty of time to get miles away? To be legal and proper, the animal will have to be kept on the lead the whole time in the field and that takes up the use of one of your two hands.

The product idea I have is a remote drone (unmanned) electric cart something like a golf cart that would follow the hunter to the stand and back to the truck again. The cart in theory could not only carry his heavy gear but the deer also once harvested thus leaving his hands free of gear management while under way on foot. It may even have a gun rack to hold his rifle. The cart would have to be specially designed for hunting with knobby all-terrain tires, heavy-duty high-tork motor, all-wheel drive and the best-grade rechargeable lithium batteries available. Otherwise, you have to hire human caddies to haul your gear and drag your deer for you.