HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I champion the use of dogs afield for all kinds
Old 04-05-2019, 07:47 AM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Dave_Preston
of hunting wherever it is allowed by law and the dog is not in imminent danger of getting shot by canine-haters, including trigger-happy game wardens . A hound or bird dog makes for a warm companion afield as well as a great conservation tool to retrieve downed/wounded game, recover lost wounded game and possibly prevent wounded game in the first place by getting the hunter close for a decisive kill. A pack of hounds on a traditional former-Confederate-State deer push makes for a fast and efficient venison-getting machine much the way a farmer's combine harvester mows down the wheat fast. Still all such deer taken easily down South in wholesale fashion is still legal where dogs are permitted to thin the herds for conservation as long as the hunters are legal and proper. The deer are so populated they are in no danger of becoming extinct even with all the traditional hound pressure any time before the next Ice Age.

I could never see the logic of the American states to prohibit the use of free-run dogs on hoofed game (deer, wild sheep, elk, moose, buffalo, mountain goats, pronghorn) outside the South, could you?
well again I think your post is all about making a fuss, spammer like posts so far!

maybe you don't know as much as you think about hunting with dogs

But have you ever thought about the FACT a dog can out run a deer, they can physically OUT run a deer, , run a deer to the point of it being un able to recover, thus killing it
when you have a group of dogs RUN deer, and hunter to SHOOT some of them, the other deer left behind, have also been chased and many can DIE from the of being chased, thus then you have dead deer that NO one is benefiting from!
a waste
and most game agency's are not about waste!
the few states left that still allow dogs for deer hunting, are just IMO very traditional SET in there ways and, have the support to hold this tradition,I do NOT ever see more places allowing it, there are just honestly better ways to reduce deer numbers!