HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - First Bird Despite Disrespectful Hunters
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2019, 12:36 PM
Oldtimr
Boone & Crockett

There is bad, greedy behavior in hunting every species. Some people don't have the common sense that God gave a goose. I have been hunting in a field with 4 men and three pointing dogs for pheasants, Some other hunters driving down the road saw us and stopped jumped out of their var and ran down the edge of the field to get to the end of the field ahead of us and proceeded to walk towards us slowly, hoping we would flush birds to them. We called in our dogs and stood there. What a bunch of fools, had any birds flushed straight our they or us would have been shooting directly at the other party. These are the kind if things that happen when you are on land you don't own. Nothing new, the same kind of crap used to happen in the 50s and 60s in the pheasant fields where people would sneak to the end of a corn field that other hunters were walking through and hope they would push birds out that end to them. That was even worse because while they knew you were in the standing corn you didn't know the fools were at the other end of the field. I never under estimate the stupidity of people caused by greed. I am sure others here can speak to situations they ran into while hunting deer, doves or whatever.