HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Anti hunters vs hunters
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2019, 02:38 PM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by CalHunter
You're bringing up some interesting points Mickey. I don't think I've ever seen an anti position that is based on real science. Like their commercials, it's an emotional appeal. And I would agree that the guy who spends a lot of money to get a large set of antlers can certainly be motivated by emotion. But conflating those 2 as though they are equal due to emotion being involved is a disservice to logic as well as misstating the intent of both groups.

The antis are seeking to impose their beliefs (based upon their emotions) upon others (hunters). The antis have already made their personal choice not to hunt trophy or just meat as is their prerogative. But the antis then seek to impose their will upon others which is not okay. They are judging others' behavior as somehow being immoral or wrong based simply upon their emotions or feelings.

The trophy hunter (although the antis are admittedly against all hunting) may have a certain degree of emotion (or pride) invested in harvesting a trophy animal. Almost all trophy hunters, however, are also putting meat in their freezer like you as it would be illegal to do otherwise. But the main difference in the trophy hunter versus any anti-hunter is that the trophy hunter has simply made a judgement about his/her own activity of trophy hunting and has not in any way attempted to force their decision upon others.

That is one of the biggest problems with today's society in that so many people want to judge others instead of worrying about their own lives (this isn't directed at you personally Mickey). Anti-hunters want to take away hunters' rights to hunt. Anti-gunners want to take away gun owners' right to own guns. AOC wants to take away cows' rights to have flatulence.

I'm sure you can come back at me with a list of liberal topics where you believe conservatives are taking away rights from libs. Abortion, illegal immigration, etc. The bottom line is nobody wants other people imposing their values and beliefs (or emotions) upon our own lives. Perhaps one of the greatest things in our country is that each of us is free to make our own decisions and not have our lives controlled by somebody else. That doesn't really exist anywhere else in the world, despite all of the medias' BS.

I agree with everything else you posted Mickey but wanted to dig a little deeper as it's fun to discuss this stuff with grownups.
I agree with you here
and I also highly agree its nice to have conversations on topics without any need to name call or other wise stir the pot,!

I truly feel sad so many today just cannot do this, too much need or??
some sure seem have to THINK they are better than others ?