HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Anti hunters vs hunters
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2019, 08:30 AM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

anti hunters are gaining ground and IMO< a lot has to do with some of the poor quality hunting shows on TV, that make SHOOTING a ?? such a party, and the hype and crap of how they seem to sell deer as being super human smart critters that hunters need thousands of dollars in TRICKS and equipment to outsmart em!
then add in they hunt out of almost house like enclosures, on primed lands growing things to HUNT and shoot(animals I mean)

I personally think the IMAGE of hunters today is so far off what it once was, and this is why so many come down on it today like they do

its almost as if you DON"T have PRIME land to hunt and thousands in equipment as they do on TV, and or videoing everything you do
WHY DO IT!

yrs back it was about HUNTING< no one cared HOW you did it, what gear you used, or even thought about videoing themselves doing it

when hunters yrs back told hunting stories, they were all about the hunt, the things they did and saw,
not about having used "S"X Model rifle, scope, ammo, bullet clothing, and blah blah blah!
they talked about the HUNT
and that made others(kids mostly) IMO
WANT to some day have them same things happen to them so they too could HUNT!
and there wasn't a huge list of things you HAD to have to be the COOL hunter as today, in order to do it!

ad in all the hype on LONG RANGE HUNTING, where animals have NO clue your going to kill em, due to being almost a mile; away
and well, anti hunter groups have a LOT of ammo being broadcast ed today IMO!

I personally think a LOT of hunters would be doing this sport a LOT more good if they just hunted and NOT tried to make money off hunting with making TV shows and personal videos on Youtube!
everyone doesn';t have to be your friend or for you to tell the world of the simple things you do folks!

if its about YOU enjoying hunting, why the need to tell everyone else??
I don't get it
I can sure understanding telling and showing off your success to YOUR PERSONAL friends, in personal ways, as in a private email if far away, or better yet in person.
but this need so many seem to have to tell the world everything thing they do, good or bad
is beyond my comprehension, and also IMO a huge negative way of sharing [personal events in one';s life!
not to mention, gives so many "Anti" what ever groups, so much ammo to use!

just my 2 cents