HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Anti hunters vs hunters
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2019, 04:34 AM
MudderChuck
Nontypical Buck

Most of the anti-hunter types have an idealistic view of nature and wildlife in particular. Sure humans share some commonalities with wildlife. But the commonalities only go so far and surely aren't shared values. The anti-hunters often interpose human values onto animals. Most animals if hungry enough would gladly eat you. Fear of mankind really isn't an instinct in many animals, it is a learned response, what I call a semi instinct, stronger in some animals of the same species, lower in others.

https://www.bbc.com/news/10251349

the anti-hunting types had great success in England after getting Fox hunts outlawed.

They are also fond of the mythical, so-called, balance in nature. It doesn't exist, nature is cycles of overpopulation, underpopulation, under predation and over predation, with starvation and disease thrown into the mix.

I surely don't believe in unnecessary suffering for any animal. I don't enjoy killing anything, I do enjoy the hunt, a good shot, and good eating. I am a predator to some degree, most humans are hunter-gatherers at the core, some lean a little more towards the hunter, some a little more towards the gatherer.

Seriously if an anti-hunter type was overrun with Rats they wouldn't hesitate to poison them. The Rats die over a period of days, bleeding from every orifice. The same anti would condemn me for picking the Rats off with a pellet gun.

A parable: There was a three-mile wide security zone near the old East German border, No hunting, restricted access, nobody wanted to accidentally start a confrontation there. An unintended consequence was wildlife overpopulation, Mange was rampant, the forest was dying from the Deer eating the bark off the trees. There were emaciated carcasses scattered all over the forest. Responsible game management could have kept the Deer numbers down, the herd healthy and supplied a wholesome meat product, natures bounty. It was a real eye-opener for me, I saw first hand just how cruel nature can be.

As far as that fish goes in the video, waste isn't right. On the other side, fish eat fish and if that fish was big enough it would eat the guy making the video.

The types who think that reintroducing apex predators into the mix will achieve some mythical balance are delusional. The Predators are going to need to be managed or they are going to become a threat or a nuisance. Trap them, shoot them or poison them.

Last edited by MudderChuck; 03-02-2019 at 04:57 AM.