HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Carbon express x-force heritage recurve
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2019, 01:45 PM
Jenks
Nontypical Buck

Having this nice new crossbow I started looking around for a hard case for it. They are pricey($100 and more) and I am not sure the large Plano is big enough for it to fit in. I spotted a Flambeau 42" gun case at Wally World for $35. It's interior is 40"X12"X4". The CX Heritage has one bolt that holds the crossbow limbs and stirrup onto the front end of it. When I took that off I could get the crossbow into the gun case. I had to take out the original padding and make up some of my own to keep the two main parts from riding against each other, it is a close fit. I have not shot the bow yet but when I do get it sighted in I will take it apart and put it back together to see if that disturbs the "zero". I don't think it will because the parts are a snug fit, we will check to see though. At any rate I have a hard case for the crossbow and it cost $35 plus tax. I will carry it in the back of a pickup that has a bed cover and this will keep it from being banged up. I thought others might be interested in a cheap hard case.