HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - NM/CO/WY pronghorn antelope hunting units
Old 02-10-2019, 08:35 AM
Nickkaderli
Spike

Default NM/CO/WY pronghorn antelope hunting units

I am a 23 year old who’s setting off on a lifelong journey to complete a North American super slam. For those of you unfamiliar it requires me to successfully document the harvesting of all 29 North American big game animals. Hunting’s in my blood and I have mastered the fundamentals, I’m confident they can make me successful in unfamiliar terrain.

As all of you hunters know, it’s hard enough to keep up with all the laws and regulations in your own county, let alone another states (especially the loop holes and other insider information). I’m hoping a veteran hunter reading this will see a younger version of themselves and be inclined to share some wisdom. In particular I’m looking for recommendations on which hunt units/codes to apply for in New Mexico and Colorado with lots of big antelope?

I’ve done a ton of research for two years but this is my first time applying so I don’t really know what all the different codes mean and which parts of each unit are huntable. I’m hoping that I can get recommendations so that if I am lucky enough to get a tag my first year, that I didn’t get it for a unit that was mostly private/****ty hunting. From what I’ve heard about Wyoming there’s not too much difficulty getting a tag, but any pointers or comments are appreciated more than I can express with words.

As I originally stated my greater goal is the NASS, if you have any other pointers or creative ideas about how to get access to land or other species- please share. I promise to always pay it forward.

Nick Kaderli