HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hunting Antelope and Mule Deer in Wyoming
Old 12-31-2018, 04:04 AM
Big Uncle
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Timbrhuntr
As far as the rant I'm a bit confused. There are a few sites where there seems to be more knowledge regarding hunting certain species out west. Are you saying that you shouldn't go to them because you might be taken advantage of.
Finding useful information on specialty subjects from many sources in often a good idea. However, I have seen more disinformation, bad information, and instant expertise with pronghorn hunting than anything else recently. Seemingly everyone wants a "fun and easy" pronghorn hunt now and obtaining tags has become very competitive with the point creep (more like point leap). There are a small number of the same guys that go to every active pronghorn or Wyoming site and post nearly constantly. Some of these posts are truly helpful, some are not.

To the OP: I am sorry to have inadvertently derailed your thread. I believe you will find that hunting in Wyoming can be very enjoyable and if you avoid tourist season a side trip to Yellowstone is well worth it.