HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hunting Antelope and Mule Deer in Wyoming
Old 12-30-2018, 10:49 AM
Big Uncle
Nontypical Buck

After seeing the above recommendation I just to have to rant a bit. I am sure the recommendation was made with the best intent and I mean no offense to the good fellow that posted it.

There are a small number of guys that go to every pronghorn or Wyoming site (where they are not currently banned) to display their infinite wisdom. A fair few of them actually know something of value but a few of them are absolutely full of beans. There are always a few that are quite the cut-and-paste experts. Others will gladly interpret any and all laws and regulations for you. There is a small minority that use misinformation in an attempt to keep everyone away from their favorite area. Often the same screen names are seen and the same posts appear on multiple sites by those seeking the glory of being an internet expert.. Thankfully none of these guys currently post on this site.

Some of these guys are trolling for points. Wyoming party applications average the number of points of all those on the application. For example a fellow with 8 points asks about which unit might be his best choice and he gets responses and PM's from certain others with no points that will tell him that they have special knowledge and offer "I can help" if he will apply with them as a party. In that case each of them has 4 points, and the fellow that used to have 8 points gets shorted.

Another forum may get the OP to read many other opinions but nobody should take everything he reads on them as gospel. Sorry for the rant.

Edit: This post was intended to respond to Timbrhntr's post. I did not see CalHunter's post until after I had posted. The subject of my post was not directed at one the individual mentioned by CH, but it also does not exclude him.

Last edited by Big Uncle; 12-30-2018 at 11:55 AM.