HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - A Dozen Shots With The .50 TC/GM Renegade
Old 12-24-2018, 05:26 AM
Semisane
Boone & Crockett

Aw come on BPS, don't get so hung up on this title thing.

I was shooting GOEX black powder out of a side lock percussion gun with a scope and using a sabotted bullet. I kinda` figured a sidehammer with black powder fit the Traditional forum best.

Just for fun, consider this. We have a Black Powder Forum with a Traditional Muzzleloading sub-forum. So where do you post if you're shooting an inline muzzleloader using Blackhorn 209? Your rifle doesn't fit in the "Traditional Muzzleloading" forum and your powder, which in no way resembles black powder, doesn't fit in the "Black Powder" forum.

So deciding where to place a post can be a coin flip. Does a scope on a side hammer make it non-traditional? Certainly there's documentation of telescopic sights being used in the mid-1800's. Is a modern scope a no-no, but a replica of an early brass tube sight OK? Would a paper patched bullet fit in the Traditional Forum? If so, is a bullet in a sabot closely related to a paper patched bullet? Perhaps as closely related as Blackhorn is to black powder? DAMMIT! Now I have a headache. .

Last edited by Semisane; 12-24-2018 at 11:44 AM.