HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Scent, schment?
Thread: Scent, schment?
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2018, 01:33 AM
archeryrob
Fork Horn

Scent is still important but hunting the wind kind of makes that ok. Sounds like you need to watch what you eat before heading out. I use plain shampoo all he time and do not de-scent any clothes, but my biggest thing is using unscented deodorant. The stuff I like, Degree arctic edge, might as well be advertising "Hey, there is a man over there." I use Mitchum Unscented deodorant the day before hunting or all week when I am off.

Deer don't know what human poop or pee smells like. Guys make mock scrapes and pee on them and bucks still check them out. Pumping gas before you go, never. The cigarette, you just got lucky on being downwind.

Anyway, glad you got your buck. Scentlok and cover scents are a waste of money. I had to point this out to my daughter when she started. She showered, scent free everything, used spray on cover scents. Now, a deer's nose has more receptors than a dogs. She went hunting over my buddies and I went over to see him with my dog. She calls me to come get the dog. She trailed her from the parking lot to her stand while I was not watching her. covered in cover scent, freshly washed in in her rubber boots. After being busted every time a deer got downwind still I told her, they only safe scent strategy is being downwind.

Last edited by archeryrob; 12-15-2018 at 01:35 AM.