HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Whitetail Craziness
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2018, 02:34 PM
Berserker
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Erno86
"The Dirty Secret of Indiana's Declining Deer Herd"

http://www.wildindiana.com/declining-deer-herd

"High deer numbers to me are important, they keep hunters interested in the sport, more importantly, children.

Indiana's deer managers have to walk a very tight rope. They are constantly under pressure from insurance companies and the Department of Transportation to reduce the number of car-deer accidents. They get pressure from farm lobbyists to curtail crop damage caused by our state's wild ungulates. The money trail is loud and clear."
I do get it, it is nice to see deer. I hunt in the snowbelt, so I don't see deer like they do in farm country.
Originally Posted by Oldtimr
Just more of the same from you. You do not know a thing. First you blow off about MD and insurance companies with nothing but conjecture, then you got your little fingers on the key board googling to try to find some support for the tripe and you managed to find someone else as clueless about reality as you looking for someone to blame because they aren't tripping over deer and find another clueless individual In Indiana to support your fantasy. Your problem is you wouldn't know deer management from raising a field full of deer. Deer numbers are reduced to keep the numbers in line with the habitat, not because the insurance companies are lobbying Game agencies to reduce deer. Once again, insurance companies do lobby for less deer, they simply raise insurance rates in areas with a higher deer/auto collision numbers and continue on making a profit.
So googling and coming up proof, is a bad thing? Better to just make it up?

I have no proof, so that makes are opinions just as valuable. But I suspect there is more to managing deer then just how many deer per square mile you got. They issue crop permits to slaughter deer, cause they are eating the crop people use to feed their family. Also people dying from hitting deer, is not good thing either.

I have hit a few deer. It is no fun.

Non hunters don't care about hunters seeing lots of deer with little effort. They are citizens too. There are many things to balance in life.

I realize instead of coming up with counter points you will just say something insulting, without any content.