HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Best trail cam for the money
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2018, 03:25 PM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

the tasco cam's I have are both 6 and 8, I am actually very impressed with them for the price, there NOT GREAT cam's by any means, BUT for 25 bucks, they work extremely well, never a black pic , always what triggered cam is in pic, VERY fast wake up time, super long battery life, been getting 4-5,000 pic's at MIN off mine, my cam's are outside 24/7/365 too, some over food plots, trails, and after deer season will be on a feeder too!
again, they do not take super sharp super clear pic's(never tried the video option on them so cannot say on that) but 90% of all pic's are clear enough for me, to id all things and well, most pic's are VERY good period

BUT again, of the 5-6 of them I have two recently have not been working that great, they freeze up and STOP taking pic';s and not sure why, remove battery's and re install same one's and cam work again for a few weeks and then repeat, other 3 still working 100% as they did new
BUT again, for 25 bucks, < I will not be complaining on them failing,, they all took 30,000+ pic's before having issue's,

I know many like moultrie cam's but of the 10-12 I have owned, NON worked wel for me at all, most of MINE< had super slow wake up speeds and ate batterys(good new was they had great solar panels that solved the battery issue)
but I just never had luck with them
again, pick of the litter deal maybe, some work great and well, I happened to get the lemons of the batch LOL
also had BAD luck with Bushnell brand cam's too?
wildgame, have been pretty 50/50
cuddleback's have been more good then bad, but have had a coup,e that sucked and a few that are 7-8 yrs old and still going strong!
i really loved there older REAL flash cam's, as NOTHING IMO Beats color night time pic's
buckeye cam's have all been 100% for me but they are NOT cheap cam's

but real flashes ate battery's and well, they stood out for miles, leading crooks to steal many on me!, or just smash them on me?
so they had flaws for sure, but I still love the one's I have now, just more careful; where I use them!