HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Food & Scent Control
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2018, 03:13 PM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

for the average deer and hunter, its way easy to over thing hunting deer
they market and sell items bases on the fact hunters are always trying to find a short cut to a easy way to kill a BIG BUCK

but unless your hunting extremely sensitive deer to human scent, most all deer are rather used to it, younger deer pay less attention to it too IMO but when you start to hunt OLDER bucks, that have learned to live long by avoiding humans bets they can, , ANYTHING that helps can ONLY help

but again, MOST folks don't own enough land to prevent deer from smelling humans often
so many times again, deer don't react like marketing folks want us to believe
come rifle season on any land with presure and all natural things chnage in deer and how they move, and well end up killed

so IMO< how scent concerned you need to be, comes down to age class and pressure on the deer your hunting!
they don't get old being dumb, and well, even smart deer make mistakes
tips on food, you can try and take foods that are more natural, say apples.nuts for snacks, , and well keep most other things in sealed bags till your ready to eat
is what I have done and killed a LOT of deer
but I also do NOT bring any food at all for 10-11 hour sits t most times too! doesn;t bother me to go that long without eating though!