HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Shotgun hit no blood trial
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2018, 07:31 PM
Rugerbear
Spike

Default Shotgun hit no blood trial

Try to keep the story short. Went into woods on public land around 1pm for a evening hunt and seen there was only one other truck in the area could have been on either side of street so I went with a rougher area to decrease chances of ruining something for them. Ended up standing a good buck up 10min into the woods got what I thought was good lung shot on it but he ran off back towards the parking area tail in the air. After investigating i could find very small amount of blood and a small meat chunk and few white hairs but I felt I had a good shot and not belly. Decided to give it hour or so and went ahead and climbed hill and set buddy up to hunt but when I went back searching still no blood searched large area where he could have been and came up with a warm gut that was on the side we was hunting about 50yds from road and the other hunter didnt stick around for a evening hunt and no other shots were heard close. I apologize for the long run on sentaces just want to ask some experienced fellas opinion. Trying to learn from poor shot bad judge of waiting or lousy tracking skills.