HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Got the big wide nine pointer!!
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2018, 08:59 AM
mackesr
Typical Buck

Default Got the big wide nine pointer!!

During the archery season I took a smaller nine pointer and after I pulled the trigger on my Xbow I heard another deer run out from behind me and it ended up being an even bigger buck, but he snuck off without giving me another shot opportunity. I did not see him again during archery season, but on opening day of black powder season he snuck in from behind me again and this time circled my stand without giving me a good shot. I had a couple of chances but was just too thick and did not want to make a bad shot on this brute. On the second Sunday, last Sunday, I got up and it was the coldest morning to date. I talked myself into getting back out there knowing the rut is still on. I sat in my stand from dark to 8:30ish and saw some movement in front of me at about 200 yards. Looked like a big bodied deer so I kept a look out figuring where he might come cruising through, but he did not show right away. About twenty minutes later I looked back towards where I thought he might show and sure enough he was there. Took a bead at about 125 yards with my black CVA wolf and pulled the trigger. The 110gr of Blackhorn 209 drove 250gr Barnes T-EZ right behind his ribs and anchored him to the ground. I saw a guiser of steam come from the hole in his lungs and knew that I had drilled him. He did get up and stagger for about 60 yards but that was it. To get both nine pointers in the same season is something I will never forget.
Attached Images