HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Top shelf ammo for hunting deer with a bolt action .223
Old 10-13-2018, 04:04 PM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
The .223 and X39 will both handle deer just fine with proper shot selection.

The 7.62X39 is a perfectly fine option for 100 yard shots. Use it like you would a .30-30 and you'll have no issues.

-Jake
yes both the 223 and 7.62x39 CXAN kill deer, not saying they wouldn't
BUt you cannot say LIKE a 30-30, as the fact is FAR too much ammo for either a 223 / 7.62x39 is in the form of full metal jacketed ammo, NOT designed for hunting, so its a LOT harder to JUST go BUY good hunting ammo, and as stated before a LOT of ammo doesn;t shoot worth a crap out of rifles, that were designed for more military purpose, and in case anyone cares to know, the Military isn';t using HIGH expanding bullets as we HUNTERS prefer or NOT in MOST all shooting supplied ammo!

I am sure Vehicles have killed a LOT fo deer too LOL, but wou;dn;t recmmend using oen of them either to kill deer
and I DON"T mean to single anyone out here, or seem like I am bashing
MY pint only is there are MUCH better easier to find and buy GOOD deer hunting ammo for, than either of these two calibers
MOST shops up my way don;t carry ANY real hunting ammo for deer in either caliber, in factory ammo!

if you want LOW recoil there are a again a TON of low recoil BETTER deer hunting calibers than the two you have mentioned(THE OP HERE)
my point if why handi cap yourself BUYING a caliber that is NOT really a DEER hunting caliber, if your goal is to hunt deer??
it seems like poor decision making to me, and or lack of research BEFORE the buying of a gun! as AFTER is NOT the time to be learning WHAT you bought when you had a GOAL in mind before buying, DEER HUNTING< being the goal I gather here!
JUST offering info here NOT bashing so please DON"T get upset with what I am stating here!