HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New bow, Sights, Quiver, Rest, Arrows???
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2018, 11:11 AM
Mykey
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by CLOUD 9, MN
I haven't been on here for a few years....... Been really fired up lately to buy a new bow. I really like a light rig...... starting with a bow that really dosen't need a stabilizer to hunt with(just extra weight to carry around)

What do you guys recommend for super good quality LIGHT WEIGHT sights, quiver, drop[-away rest. Also what are the straightest skinny carbon arrows you guys recommend these days?

A[[reciate the feedback!!

Thanks

Cloud 9
There's lots of choices out there when it comes to setting up a bow with accessories at different price ranges. I'm not cheap but you don't need high dollar equipment to hunt with unless you just want to spend money.

Bow - I bought a used Bowtech Allegiance off ebay at a great price and have been using it now for about 6yrs. It's lightweight and fits me like a glove. Rest, I really like the Trophy Taker Pronghorn and have been using one for years with no complaints, it's simple and reliable, easy to set up and tune, quite and well built and it doesn't break the bank in cost. Quiver - I use a kwikee and it does what it's designed to do and that's hold my arrows. Sight - I use an Impact Archery single pin, nothing fancy or special and it works great for me. Arrows - I like Goldtips and have been using them for years with no problems. Like already posted, I too like to use a stabilizer and I use a 4" simms s-coil that I bought at Walmart on roll back and it does the job.

You can get all your accessories off of ebay new and used including a bow at really good prices if you keep checking. Archerytalk is also another good source. Good luck. Mike