HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - how many of you honestly tried 4-5 or more rifles
Old 08-12-2018, 01:55 PM
Berserker
Typical Buck

Last year went with GBL instead of the guide gun. The pistol grip is supposed to be better for recoil. I am not worried about swinging it up fast.

I can't say that in my youth I was smart enough to study ballistics. I dont think to many young folks really do. I chose 30-06 cause my dad and Grampa used it, almost everyone else. Though y dad know uses 308 cause he is getting old. My grampa took one in his mid 80s with his 30-06.

I got 3 rifles, pump, lever, and bolt, in my rotation, 30-06 and 45-70., and a Savage that I don't trust that collects dust. Ill probably add another. A 700 mountain gun, or something really light. Maybe some magnum long range gun for hunt I hope to do.

While I am sentimental towrds my guns and gear, I do like new knives and rifles. Though I think the 45-70 may stay at the top for awile. Depending on how it does this year.

The pump was retired and almost sold a few times. Fixed the rattle. Still not a huge fan of how you have to rack it with force Plus an inline. Also thinking maybe 454 or such, revolver some day. Lots of have one and stick with it. Beware the man with one gun.

Last edited by Berserker; 08-12-2018 at 02:00 PM.