HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool!
Old 12-01-2003, 10:56 AM
buckstalk

Default RE: i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool!

I' m 27 and just started hunting this year, I had been meaning to take the hunters ed. course for years but never got around to it, I lost my job and found plenty of time to get it in this year, almost a blessing in disguise. I must say most of my friends around my age don' t understand hunting, they think it is cruel, and would rather play Sony Palystation, or put on a collar shirt and dress pants and go out drinking in Boston. I think some of the younger people are too wrapped up in technology, nothing against it I enjoy it too, but I love the out doors. I live in southern NH, but the further north you go you find more hunters. When I moved here from Boston when I was 7, I spent all my free time catching bull frogs, snakes, turtles, and fishing, while most of the other kids were swimming, and playing on the swing set. I’ve always love camping fishing hiking and the great outdoors, but our type is limited. I know a lot of people who are just fair weather campers and even more who refuse to get their hands dirty, like it is some disgusting thing.