HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Political Forum MOD?
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2018, 09:53 AM
ibobi
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by elkman30
Points well made. But in fairness, the OP mentioned a specific member who had previously been permabanned 100 times now posting again under an alias. The OP didn't say the language of the post was a violation-he said the member signing up and posting under the 101st name or whatever alias was the violation. I can see why flags might get a little miffed. He's pointed out what is a violation of the rules at least 3 times and has been told by admin and a mod that it's not a rules violation. Based on flags post and the responses by Ibobi and JW, it looks like they didn't read through his post or didn't understand it.

On a separate issue, if it's okay for somebody who is permabanned to come back under an alias or new name, then why have rules or permaban anybody. That would make this a free for all in the forums but maybe that's what HuntingNet is going for? I'm not trying to create a stink or problem but I can see why flags is getting a bit exasperated.
Well, you're wrong on pretty much all your points here, sorry to point out.
  • It is not legal to come back under a new name; nobody said it was
  • Yes it is a permabannable offense to do so if your ban was temporary (circumstances can sometimes affect this)
  • Nobody misread flags' posts. He keeps saying the member in question is someone who's been banned before, coming back to post under an alias, yet there is no evidence of this. The posts in question don't violate the rules. What would you do?