HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Beware of Wooden Cross Outfitters
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2018, 12:45 PM
Ruger21
Spike

Default Beware of Wooden Cross Outfitters

Hello. Longtime lurker. Great forum. Just want to give everyone a heads up.
My buddy and I decided to do a hog hunt in west Texas. We find an outfitter, Wooden Cross Outfitters, and give them a call. We got in touch with Ethan Peden, the guide with Wooden Cross Outfitters, about 7 weeks before we are scheduled to go to Texas. We decided to go with him, seemed like a nice guy on the phone. We decided on a ‘safari style’ hunt. We send him a deposit of $150 each. The day we are scheduled to start driving to Texas, from South Dakota by the way, he calls and says his UTV broke down and won’t be able to take us out. Well crap, stuff happens not his fault. He tells us he will send our deposit back because he didn’t provide his services. Only fair right? Well, it’s been almost 3 months now and we have not seen our deposit. We were in contact with him for weeks after trying to get our deposit back. He would answer about every 4th text saying he sent the check. He told us multiple times he sent the check but he didn’t. He’s a liar. Now he won’t answer any text at all. We pursued the problem a little further by having a lawyer friend of ours write him a letter concerning him stealing our money. Our lawyer friend actually got a hold of him on the phone, now he, Ethan, claims he doesn’t give deposits back. Lawyer told him that he did not provide services because he canceled on us and that by him keeping our money is stealing.

Not going to pursue any further, would cost more in court costs than we would get back.

It’s not a lot of money we lost but that’s not the point. I would never do business with Wooden Cross Outfitters or Ethan Peden again and I hope you all won’t either. Just a heads up everyone.