HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 1 The Rejects
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2018, 01:19 PM
kellyguinn
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Zim
Since I am out of commission for a few weeks, thought I'd post a few action photos from my first hunt. This remote IL public parcel has 12,000 acres yet had only 2 turkey harvested last year! One of them mine. Nobody goes there. I suppose because it's not promoted for turkey? Not entirely sure. I did run into other hunters on nearby properties. Anyways I found a good setup while using aerial images, and set up in the dark first day. Gobbling all over. First photo shows a few of the 5 toms strutting with 7 hens about 100 yards in front of me. They strutted and fought out there for a couple hours before filtering into the timber on the left. The hens broke up and headed to their nests around 9:30 AM. Then at 10 AM two poked their heads out at the timber line and moved in on my dekes by 10:15. Had a tom and one hen decoy out on the right in the one photo you see the 2 toms approaching from left. The bigger of the two really got into my tom decoy wanting to pick a fight. I had a very tough time getting him to poke his head up high. It was only half extended when I shot, so I was not pleased with the BB's in the breast, but I think I got them all out. Lucky I avoided hitting the decoy.

Will be back in the US and head for Wisconsin in 2 weeks with my new toy Invisiblind! Love this thing on heavily pressured late season WI public toms. I am invisible!

Great pics. We can't get birds to come within 200 yards of a blind on the public land I hunt. Even during deer season they will not come anywhere close. What is an Invisiblind? Is it like the ghostblind?