HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Lehigh Spear
Thread: Lehigh Spear
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2018, 02:12 PM
ronlaughlin
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sabotloader

Quoting..."My Grandson Shot this Mouflon at 267 yds. With the prototype .451, 237 gr. bullet that you sent: created extreme internal damage lending itself to tremendous terminal performance. It also passed through but with the aid of the fragmentation, the animal was disabled immediately and expired immediately after.

My Son Shot this Axis Buck at 363 yds. With the prototype .451 MZ bullet in his Smokeless Muzzleloader, with an average velocity in his rifle: 2963 fps.
The spotter saw the deer bellied up immediately when it got shot: it too, passed through, but internal damage was massive.
Performed perfectly and to my utmost expectation."
Mike,

Those bullets that killed those animals were traveling a way faster than the bullet when we caught it. Results should be expected to be different. If the bullets that killed those animals had been traveling the same speed as the bullet we caught, the results may have been disappointing? Had the bullet we caught been traveling as fast as those killing bullets, you may not have considered the result to be a failure?

The information i posted in the OP was data we collected in the real world.

_