HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Iowa Whitetail for Elk or Mule Deer
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2018, 12:21 PM
bhunt3
Spike

Default Iowa Whitetail for Elk or Mule Deer

I am looking to trade an Iowa whitetail archery or gun hunt for an archery elk or mule deer hunt. Between owned, leased, and permission ground, I typically have anywhere between 1,000-1,200 acres a year to hunt on. It can change year to year with the loss of permission/leased ground, but I usually pick up more land. I typically don't have time to hunt it all. I run 20+ cameras, have 6-8 blind locations, and 50-70 tree stand locations per year. I am not an outfitter, just a very serious whitetail hunter. I've had several buddies come hunting with me through the years, and in every case they have shot their biggest deer on my ground (ranging from 130's-180). My land is split between zone 4 and zone 5, but I plan to consolidate everything into zone 4 eventually. It usually takes 3-4 PP for bow and 0-1 PP for gun to draw in zone 4 or 5. I can send kill/trail cam pictures to guys who are seriously interested. You wouldn't be disappointed. Very real possibilities at 150-180" whitetails, and I usually have some 130-150" old warrior bucks around too if that floats your boat.

I'm looking for an elk hunt in an OTC area, or easier draw unit. I'm getting into the elk game late, so I don't have PPs built up in other states, but I'm buying them this year. When it comes to elk, I would just like to get out there to start building experience. If it is a mule deer hunt, I would like to have a reasonable opportunity at a 160"+.

Last edited by bhunt3; 02-02-2018 at 12:51 PM.