HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - anyone else really pissed at the ever increasing licence fees
Old 02-02-2018, 11:34 AM
salukipv1
Giant Nontypical

I'll play the game, but I wonder if I'll ever be priced out of playing.

My big problem is that residents and non-residents, non-res pay anywhere from 8-40x what a resident pays for the same tag.

I think the multiplier should be capped at 8-10x and honestly 1-2x would be fair/ideal IMO.

Everyone will say they pay taxes....so they get a discount in their home state, and my view is we all pay our local/state taxes, it would be nice not to subsidize other hunters in other states.

If a resident can't pay $1,000 for a Sheep, Moose, Goat tag, once in a lifetime tag/hunt, then they shouldn't be applying, again just my opinion.

Also when a resident pays $40 for a bull elk tag or even less, and the non-res pays over $1000, you're telling me we can't meet more in the middle?

Not sure non-res justify being jerks but if were both chasing the same animal/area/water hole, and I'm paying 1000 and you're paying 40? I think this might give some non-res the attitude that they should get the right of way. Just some food for thought.

While I doubt res will ever pay the same tag fees non-res pay, just imagine if residents had to pay those fees...? I bet less than 10% of residents would even bother applying anymore. Odds would go way up!

Every state is different and has to manage their herds accordingly, but I think seeing a cap multiplier would be nice, 5-10x seems reasonable in most cases.