HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Knight Quality, Warranty, & Service?????
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2017, 05:52 AM
GoexBlackhorn
Fork Horn

110gr Blackhorn is generally asking for blowback and Knight might say the same thing.

At a nearby childrens hunt this winter and last winter, more than one kid around 12-13 years-old was getting pass-thru's using 60 grains BH. I've seen pass-thru's using 75gr Goex with roundballs. Over 90% of deer taken are within 100 yards.

I now use two pellet loads and used 85gr Goex FFF prior. My Knight bare primer plug will likely see close to 500 shots..... I'd bet on it. 110gr loads BH209 are ridiculous, unless your shooting lanes are 200 yards away and that's where the gun will be fired. Besides, I wouldn't use a powder that tells you it needs 110 grains to shoot that accurately.

To sit in the woods and use 110 because you are sitting on a ridge (or a field edge) with a long ways to shoot, then you aren't thinking too clearly, because odds are, that long shot will never come in muzzleloader season, mainly because in most December muzzleloading seasons, deer are in thickets and you need to go in to get them.... close & personal.

Go Knight. Reject all guns with foreign materials. You should have shipped back his gun as-is, with a note saying he voided the warranty.

Last edited by GoexBlackhorn; 12-31-2017 at 06:05 AM.