HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Knight Quality, Warranty, & Service?????
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2017, 03:30 PM
d.winsor
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by hunters_life
I've had my Renegade for a pretty good number of years and you are now stepping into my world of sidelocks. I also know several people with Renegades in both .50 and .45 and neither they nor I have ever had a barrel issue. And we all have thousands of rounds through them. I can still keep PRB's under 2 inches at 100 yards with mine. Under an inch with XTP's, the only sabot the thing will shoot worth a damn, is still easily attainable. I doubt seriously you had a barrel issue but an operator issue in not knowing how to clean properly or more than likely not knowing how to shoot the thing properly. The Renegade is one of TC's best shooting rifles of all their productions. I am starting to suspect all your posts to be some sort of brand bashing attempts.
You didn't say if you used Bore Butter, Not according to T/C as they ultimately agreed with me, 3 separate times. After I QUIT using bore butter my problems with my renegade barrel ceased, T/C didn't have to replace any more barrels. As stated to this day I still have the renegade and it will still shoot 1" groups @ 100 yards. Seems like the knight representative was right, I quit using bore butter. If he wasn't T/C was overly generous with their warranty. Maybe I should have started a thread for T/C Warranty, Quality & Customer service, for before S&W took them over. But I cannot slam S&W as I have had no issues with any of their guns since. No reason the contact them.
you don't even know my cleaning procedure, that is not even an issue of this thread. How can you critique my cleaning procedure. Also it is no great secret on how to shoot a muzzleloader, push the bullet down firmly on the powder, put a cap on the barrel, point, aim and shoot. How could that in itself damage a muzzleloader barrel. I STILL say it was the T/C Bore butter. I did make my own T/C Maxie bullets, and sent some with my shot out gun barrel back to T/C. When they sent me a new barrel back, they sent me a note with the gun saying they had never seen such quality in a cast Maxie bullet. After casting, I weigh every bullet, I threw out the high and low side of the run and kept all other bullets. I also culled them on looks. I doubt very seriously it had anything to do with my shooting. But I appreciate the input
Also, have you heard me slam CVA, Traditions or T/C? With my recommendations for their Warranty, Quality and Customer Service over the years, I have probably sold a lot of guns for them. I'll bet they have me insured because it would be a loss to them if something happened to me! ! ! Have A Happy New Year. I allowed you to pull me off subject, lets get back to this thread.

Last edited by d.winsor; 01-02-2018 at 12:26 AM.