HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Knight Quality, Warranty, & Service?????
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2017, 04:45 PM
d.winsor
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by 52bore
Unfortunately, it sounds as if all your initial problems with the bolt not closing was due to your 3/8" drive socket (I had to turn mine down, then found a 1/4" drive works great) the larger 3/8" hits on the thread in the action. This gave you a bad taste right off the bat, but may have just been you?
I too am surprised you bought another Mtnr barrel - guaranteed no difference in tolerances from GM.
As, to your trigger. Sad, but I don't think anyone took you trigger as what Sabotloader has shown are what they offer is what you have and had. I could imagine they took it off when disassembling the rifle and inadvertently put a different one on.. As to defective, if it was like the other issues you have stated - doubtful you took the time to adjust.
Now, you trashed which was most likely a perfectly good barrel?
I bet their experience was as good as yours.
You are right about the 3/8" deep well, as you screw the breech plug in with it, it is slowly pushed off the 7/16" head of the breech plug. If you have to use a 1/4" deepwell to install your breech plug it means one thing. Your barrel is a current production barrel. The 3/8" deepwell won't work on it. If it will it means you have an older production barrel, plus that means there is a difference in tolerance.
If you don't know what my original trigger looked like, and you don't know what was put on my gun by knight, how can you possibly say "no one took my trigger". Every thing else you said is only your opinions, and we all know what opinions are. As far as what sabatloader has to say I have already posted to him and have his opinions, I have a lot of respect for what Sabotloader says but I doubt he gave you a picture of what was on my gun. still just your opinion. The only fix for the barrel would be custom work to create a custom breech plug, then drill and cut new threads in the barrel for the new breech plug. I would not go that route, putting good money into a bad barrel. I chose to put that money with a little more and get a new barrel, Merry Christmas

Last edited by d.winsor; 12-26-2017 at 09:19 AM.